Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why UWNH wasnt a commercial success
Link
Navigator
Post Why UWNH wasnt a commercial success
on: April 6, 2015, 16:20

Hi there everyone. Recently I've been thinking why such a good game really wasn't such a great commercial success. I'm working in a game studio now and I had the opportunity to talk about UWNH with our Game Designer. And I asked him exactly that: Why UWNH wasn't a commercial success? Well he told me that although the game has lots of features and a very well developed environment, the game failed to present that progressively to the player. With that he meant that the game design wasn't made thinking about showing the player all the immense quantity of features bit by bit. I personally agree with that, I think that in UWNH we have no help at all from the game. A certain amount of lack of help is good and make the game challenging, but that's of no use if the player quit the game before finding out what the game really is. Anyway, that's my opinion. I was hoping we could start some sort of discussion about that, so tell us what you think 😉

chaoyun2k
Post Re: Why UWNH wasnt a commercial success
on: April 13, 2015, 18:44

That's a good point, I didn't have anything better to do (couldn't afford more games) so I got pretty deep into the game, but I might have just run through the motions if I had plenty of other games.

I will say that I was hooked pretty early though when I saw the connections made with the other playable characters, and I wanted to find more. Even after all the time I've played the game there are things I still want to know or am finding out!

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Link
Navigator
on: April 14, 2015, 15:41

Well the first time I've played the game I died because I didn't knew I had to feed the crew. Plus I had somehow spend all my money. So yeah, I couldn't really understand the game when I first played it. Plus as a kid I didn't had a very good English.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: May 14, 2015, 06:20

I remember when we played the first times in my childhood, we didn't know how to earn gold. It was a problem, then she decided that once she learned about an opportunity to trade rugs and objects of art. And yet it was not possible to save the game, and was only able to complete for Catalina and Otto. For a long time I could not understand how to pass the story behind the Italian, Portuguese and Turkish. The details learned here on the site a couple of years ago.

chaoyun2k, maybe soon I'll be interested in other information about the game 🙂

Pages: [1]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates