Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unusual Events
sizintsev
1st Mate
Post Unusual Events
on: September 14, 2015, 04:30

During the time that I dedicated the game, only once such an event happened when England and Portugal were in a state of war. This was the genesis version (Sega), and it is similar to the Super Nintendo version. Playing for Joan I went to Bordeaux and the guards would not let me. The same can be observed in the case of Italy and Turkey, they are constantly at war.

chaoyun2k
Post Re: Unusual Events
on: September 19, 2015, 06:58

I guess that can be considered unusual, but those things are so easy to work-around that I barely notice.

Yeah, I think Turkey and Italy always start out at war - or 'go to war' in the first month.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Mark-
Erickson
Mate
on: September 20, 2015, 17:55

You're talking about "blockades." Those don't necessarily mean countries are at war. Actually, I once found Pietro blockaded from Portugal after the Governor-General had ordered as many as 3 times a treaty with Portugal, and according to the Guild Portugal and Italy's relations were very good. That was the ironic side-effect, somehow. I used to dream of having him defect back and forth between Italy and Turkey, somehow eventually knocking down the blockade. Now I'd say that's hopeless. It's easier to start a blockade without meaning to than to progress toward possibly dissolving a blockade, there might even be no dissolving a blockade once it's in force.

chaoyun2k
on: November 1, 2015, 09:18

True, I meant that blockades are simply a nuisance. There is so much going on in the games that I haven't really made an effort to influence a war one way or the other.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Mark-
Erickson
Mate
on: November 23, 2015, 20:10

I recently had a play-again session with UWNH on Sega, and had another kind of unusual event. This was associated with a Collect Debt mission. I'd never asked, "What if your party's no longer a vagabond sailor and available by the time you get there?" Well, I'll break my story down by numbers. 1.)My representative this time was Pietro, and I'd already gotten him in rank to Baronet, which means Guild missions can be different than when you start the game. I'd also gained him 3 Oak Venetians and 3 war-modeled La Reales, spread around capital ports and gathered when I felt like having him fight pirates. I'd recently had him sink that Jack Raccam near Tunis, now I was putting his warships away and switching to a couple of more civilianly modeled LaReales to be more appropriate for a Collect Debt mission. 2.) They instructed him to collect the debt from Omar Kashani. I said "yes" and treated at the café. I heard Omar Kashani is in Caracas. 3.) I sailed immediately to Caracas, but it was the next month, and he was no longer there. Relocated? 4.) I treated at the café over in Porto Vello, and got, "Omar Kashani? He's leading Piracy's fleet. His whereabouts? I have no idea. Maybe a waitress would know." I'd known Omar Kashani to fall into the slot replacing another pirate before, and I like it when he does, as he always has only a Sabre and Chain Mail, so if you have good equipment like Flamberge and Plate Mail, he's easy to beat in a duel--but this was in the middle of a Collect Debt mission. 5.) Maybe when I got back to Europe I should've tried treating Omar in Algeirs and see if after, "You'd better leave or I'll re-arrange your face(tag that says he's a pirate)," it's still possible to get "Gee, my debt, OK." But I couldn't hold back my force of habit, and I dueled and beat Omar as soon as I saw him sailing. 6.) Treating after in the Genoa café, I heard, "William Law is in Algiers." That's one of those less well-known hidden characters that only tend to appear when you've opened a slot by acts of piracy. Apparently, I caught him in Algiers before he could start sailing as a pirate, and even though they'd first said Omar Kashani, this guy said, "Gee my debt? OK, here are 10 ingots now please just go away." Then I took it to the central bank in Venice,, and they took it and gave me my cut and my extra Fame In Adventure just the same. So I found it's possible to complete a Collect Debt mission "normally" even if circumstances lead to collecting from another person than the one they originally said.

chaoyun2k
on: November 24, 2015, 19:20

Great info, thanks for the details!

Pages: [1]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates