Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last
Author Topic: Uncharter Waters - New Horizon
Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
Post Uncharter Waters - New Horizon
on: May 23, 2011, 02:02

I like this game so much that I created a theme for my media room. I have a sextant, Telescope, Globe, a big framed Ptolemee map, a wall size map of the World, two fake jungle plants, 2 parrots, a basket of fruits & vegetables (banana, grapes,prune,apple,peach, tomato,lemon,kiwi,red pepper, pineapple, small pumpkin and an onion), 6 sticks of real cinnamon, a wooden model of the HMS Victory, a bamboo stick used as a curtain rod, a small elephant, crocodile, camel, snake,and a mandarin statue, a Lego pirate with wooden leg and musket, a cannon (pirates of the Caribbean), a chest full of gold coins, diamonds, glass beads, emeralds, rubies (all fake of course), a mermaid statue in a shell, a tortoise, a Persian lantern and a few scented candles (incense, spice and pumpkin.
Also a few books about Venice, the Trade Routes (Spice, Silk, and caravan roads) and a book about spices.

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
Post Re: Uncharter Waters - New Horizon
on: May 23, 2011, 02:16

I forgot to mention that I did a research on Medieval trading, Ships (Cog, Caravelle, Galleon, Chebek, Galley, Galleasse, Galeotte, Man of War, Frigate, Junk, Nao, Balsa Boat, etc), everything I could find on Venice,Genoa, the Barbary Coast, the Ottoman Empire, the Crusades, the Knights of St. John, the Hansa, the travel of the Kon Tiki (not sure about the spelling), the Vikings, the Mediterannean Sea, the Red Sea, Pirates & Privateers, Constantinople/Bizantium/Istanbul, the Mongols, and so on. I bought books, I borrowed hundreds of books from my local library.

That's what this game did to me. 😀

chaoyun2k
on: May 24, 2011, 06:02

That would be difficult to top! 😉

I started with the first game on the NES, but when New Horizons came out I spent thousands of hours playing the game. I guess technically I haven't stopped playing the game since then.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: May 25, 2011, 11:58

I play non stop for 3 or 4 months then I take a break. It's been a month since I played it last.

chaoyun2k
on: May 25, 2011, 19:10

Do you have a favorite character?

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

sizintsev
Mate
on: June 7, 2011, 08:35

More all in this game is involved(attracted) with freedom of actions. Tried to play other games on the personal computer, but there was no that pleasure, which test from " of new horizons ". More conveniently all the variant genesis has attracted.
In the past, when there were no emulators for PS, strongly experienced that it was impossible to save the moment of game in passage. Now it not a barrier! And now, when to me 24 years, this game has not lost the urgency.
Now about game. It would be desirable to say that more all seems correct and checked up with years. Plots all six characters are a business of time, and it is not absolutely interesting. There are moments more attractive. Till now there is by a secret that it is impossible to be trained in any to port to two skills - trade and hand shake. You see to navigation learn(teach) for about 50000 gold in Naples, and cartography in many ports, for example in Palma. It is well-known, that to skill of a gun train only in Hamburg.
With a kind there is a sensation, as not all is worked in game, as it would be desirable. There is no opportunity to attack ports. In this connection it would be possible to think up, for example, coastal protection and fort.
Pleases, that gold in game at all problem. Here some ways to engage in a direct piracy - to plunder everything, that is floating or to employ the good bookkeeper and to trade. Has noticed, that than the bookkeeper (all of his(its) skill is more advanced, and also the level of attack and navigation), especially he is compliant with the worker of trade tent. Undoubtedly, the best bookkeeper is Pilly Reis. But it(him) not so simply to employ and it is necessary to develop well for the beginning itself. Pilly Reis is good in all parameters, and it(he) does not need to be developed, as at him(it) and so all skills on excellent(different,perfectly). The best trade I have seen, when was in a rank "duke" at the king of Italy at the bookkeeper Pilly Reis. Were able Tax free permit of Italy and in seized ports till a flag of Italy, it was possible to buy gold on 150-200 gold for one unit. In case the gold is bought closer to Europe, it can cost in tent 600-800 gold, all the same it is possible to reduce not less than floor of the price. As is known, in cities of Northern Europe for gold give on 1000-1150 gold for one unit. Trade in gold - best trade, but that it(him) to buy, the large initial stock of money is necessary. Especially in the beginning of game, when the character is absolutely young and is poor). Therefore I believe, that it is best to begin from the classical circuit: carpets from Istanbul in Athenes, in Athenes to buy Art and to carry it(him) back in Istanbul. From it just also begins Ali. But in it there is no highlight. In a choice of the ships for trade it is necessary to stop first of all on spaciousness. Most capacious in game it Full-Rigged ship. But he very dear(expensive), heavy and slowly floats. For the beginning, undoubtedly, the most convenient ships in game will approach Nao and Carrac -. In ship tent it is possible to reconstruct them under a cargo, to clean(remove) guns and to reduce up to a minimum quantity(amount) of a command(team). Further was found out, that most effective ship in every respect is Tekkousen, which quickly floats, has 100 guns and a lot of place for only. In case it(him) to reconstruct under cargoes, it is possible to transport on one on 900 lots of the goods. Fascinating trade - to have 10 Tekkousen in fleet reconstructed till cargoes. Tried to carry coffee in Turkey. The coffee can be got, for example, in Aden. The proceeds turn out in the ten-multiple size, about one having swum away it is possible to make a pair of millions, which well then are spent for the expensive ships in Holland. Who knows, can be the desire will appear to be floating with fleet in 10 fregate...
Now about swords. Earlier it seemed, that quite good sword is Crussader Sword. He is really good and dearly costs(stands). But the attack "Т" is good in him only. Magic Muramasa very mysterious. At impact can take away till 70-80 of percents(interests) in some cases, and sometimes and till 30-35 in similar circumstances, and too of roads. Siva sword has not attracted at all, but this business of taste, certainly. For itself unexpectedly has opened interesting opportunities japanesse sword. Cost it(him) only 20000 gold, and the opportunities exceed a little. But it is necessary to be stipulated, this sword is effective only case, when a level of attack of the hero not less than 50. It is necessary to mention the pirates in this game. Khair ad-din, Idin Leis, Ulgu Ali, Jacob Walveik and some other constantly are present at game how much them do not heat(burn). It is necessary only them to employ, but it is complex(difficult), after successful fight the port is necessary, in which they have sat. Then Khair ad-din and Idin Leis are strong in guns, but are weak in navigation, therefore such navigators definitely are not necessary. Jacob Walweik the interesting character. This young pirate constantly floats by the expensive(dear) ships (in case of destruction of other pirates), and besides, often tries to find my character. But Jacob is very weak, and it(him) will not rescue even 10 Venetian Galleas, which under his(its) bad skill move as a turtle. The dangerous pirates - Khair ad-din and Ulgu Ali, they like Venetian Galleas and their level of conducting fight is very high. There were cases, that lost by him(it) on duel, were able in the two are more than skills. Opening became that Pilly Reis at all pirate, and sent of the king of Turkey and can appear on water in a case кружения any of turkish fleet.
Such small introduction, which I can continue indefinitely, for this game up to smallest details is investigated. I shall continue further.

chaoyun2k
on: June 7, 2011, 18:56

My apologies because I may have misunderstood some of what you posted, but I think I got most of what you said.

While only Ali can have all of the skills because he starts with the negotiation and accounting skills, I think that it makes the game more interesting with the other characters because you don't end up with basically the same for everyone. Ali is one of my favorite characters and it is in part because he can get all the skills. I'm glad that cartographers pay basically the same total for a completed map, but I think it adds to the game that the collectors do not pay the same for discoveries.

I would have enjoyed a game where you can take over or conquer other ports, but I don't think that would have fit this game or at least it would have been an entirely different game.

I think any bookkeeper (with accounting skill) with high stats is just as good as any other bookkeeper, but if they also have the negotiation skill it does make it easier. Zaganos Bei has both skills and is fine once you get his stats and loyalty higher, which you can do long before you can hope to recruit Pilly Reis. The earliest I have been able to recruit Pilly was with Ali when his sailing and battle levels were in the high 40s, nearly 50. I do keep watching for new sailors that become available to see if they have the accounting and negotiation skills.

Khayr and Idin are normally the ones with the Venetian Galeass and Ulgu almost always has Galleons and if you defeat them without recruiting them they have 10 of them the next time you see them. Jacob usually replaces one of the pirates after a few defeats and his ships will be 10 of the type that was used by the pirate he replaced.

I have never liked the Full-Rigged because of the cost and the speed. It only has 100 extra capacity over the Tekkhousen, but those may not be available in certain games. Still if the Tekks are available, that is the one I prefer as well. I usually keep a used Tekk as my flagship because of the extra crew, it allows 360 crew while new or remodeled Tekks only allow 300. The main disadvantage of the Tekk is the crew capacity, but so far 360 has been plenty for melee. At one fourth or one third the cost of the Full-Rigged, the Tekk is easily my choice if I can make it available. If you outfit a full-rigged for maximum crew and guns, you can only take short trips and many of the fleets will be able to outrun your fleet (I like to be able to catch my prey).

sizintsev
Mate
on: June 8, 2011, 04:28

Let's talk a little about the secret ships, about their advantages and lacks. It is so much years of game is spent on « new horizons » and only recently by me were open Fregate, Full-Rigged Ship and Tekkousen, that is which occur accordingly in ports of Antwerp, Hamburg, Sakai and Nagasaki. Here business of a case and the casual investments have resulted in them. All these ships are good, but also in ship tent for them offer the good price.

Fregate is a little similar with Galleon.70 of guns quite enough, and the quantity(amount) of a command(team) reaches up to 300. Fregate has a good maneuverability, speed, and also more strong case than at Galleon, however, essential minus - very small spaciousness. Even if to reconstruct it(him) up to 180 men, the duration of stay after end of delivery does not exceed 10 days... While at Galleon she makes 13 days. On Fregate it would be good to place, for example, 250 men, but in this case to departure farly from being(not) will be possible. Therefore it is possible to make a conclusion, that same Galleon it is a little bit better Fregate. Well and if money could not be put, it is possible to take pleasure and from Fregate. Let's notice, that on Fregate in game meets only at Joao Franco in a plot at Catalina Erantzo. From here, by the way, idea also has appeared to look for the new ships after the investments.

Full-Rigged Ship was by the present sensation (I do not exaggerate). 150 guns in comparison with same 70 at Galleon seem by the large power. 500 men of a command(team) it the a little bit overestimated category, however, so much also are not necessary. I shall not remember, that it was required ever more than 350. To have fleet from 10 Complete sailing arms of the ships it is very good even if to take into account that the navigators not have everyone of skill "of «gun". With such power it is possible easily to plunder and pirates from Algeria. In one time of the Full-Rigged Ship me for a long time has interested, you see with his(its) guns it is good to save skill "«attack" both for the character, and for the navigators. However recently have involved(attracted) more simple ships. To use by Complete sailing arms of the ships for trade it is not absolutely rational because of his(its) bad speed, however, for near trips will approach. So, Full-Rigged Ship the vessel is the most powerful battle(dashing) ship in game and most dear(expensive). I only about one regret - at the opponents by Full-Rigged Ship does not meet.

Tekkousen was by the present find in game. This ship is ideal in every respect and approaches both for trade, and for battle(dashing) actions (in any case I have in view of fleet from 10 ships of one type). Simple an example from my game routes: after the expiration of long time has bought 10 Tekkousen in cities Sakai and Nagasaki. On such purchases many money was spent, therefore it was necessary to raise(increase) the capital, you see to provide command(team) in 3000 men is absolutely uneasy, for one delivery in port it is necessary to give back approximately 65000 gold. Also it is necessary to get gold guns, on which there will leave some hundreds thousand gold. Of installation of figures never was fond. The idea has appeared to engage in trade on the first time, and to not begin yet military actions in Europe (character Catalina Erantzo). In this connection has reconstructed in ship tent the ships under cargoes, has left thus till 50 men on everyone of the ships. Without the account of meal, which bought in account for 15 days, it was possible to transport for time about 6500 units of the goods. Concerning trade there are no problems. In port of Nagasaki sell for the small price silver and pearls, which can be resulted in Europe and to receive four or five-multiple proceeds. It is a lot of various goods worldwide (about it it would be desirable to write separate clause). A bit later necessary capital was received. Further 10 Tekkousen 300 men of a command(team) and 100 guns were reconstructed on military actions. Tekkousen is good and in this case, at a command(team) 3000 men of meal after delivery suffice for 11 days, and at his(its) speed it is enough of it.

All these ships are good, but nevertheless it is pleasant most of all to me Nao.

chaoyun2k
on: June 8, 2011, 05:24

Sorry, all I can get out of that post is some names and numbers. What language is that?

sizintsev
Mate
on: June 8, 2011, 05:50

I have written in Russian, but already has translated

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >> Last

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates