Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Round Earth Society & Luck rating
Kyonshi
Vagabond
Post Round Earth Society & Luck rating
on: July 16, 2011, 14:01

Hi! I've read somewhere that in order to raise Luck rating, you have to donate to the RES and study. Precisely, it was said to deposit all your money and keep only like 100$. Then at RES, you give half of your money each time, until you have nothing left. Seems it has something to do with your balance at Bank or whats left in your pockets and the proportion of money you give regarding the total amount you got.

Im currently trying this but is there someone who can confirm or redirect me in a more appropriate and efficient way? Thanks!

chaoyun2k
Post Re: Round Earth Society & Luck rating
on: July 16, 2011, 18:14

Donating 51% of your gold results in an increase of 10 points to your luck, so it is best done early in the game. Donating less results in smaller increases to your luck.

Ten points is the maximum increase, except in one case that is known. That is in Joao's game, you can re-enter the RES after getting Enrico and Felippe will have some money for you and you are given 3 choices, accept, donate, and refuse. If you choose donate then Joao's luck immediately goes to 100.

Studying does increase luck by 1, or more precisely may increase your luck by 1. When you study and complete the dialogue there is a chance of a luck increase. The good thing is that you can do this continuously until you think you have increased your luck all you need. The key is to finish the dialogue and start a new dialogue to get the next possible increase.

The in-game procedure for determining if your luck is at 100 is to visit a fortune teller. If your luck is at 100 then she will say "What a strong fortune, you have nothing to fear". If she says anything else, you should study or donate.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

chaoyun2k
on: July 16, 2011, 18:47

Ok, I just checked. You need to donate at least 100 gold to get the 10 point increase.

I deposited all but 205 and donated 105 to get the 10 points, but when I tried donating any amount under 100 gold I received no increase.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Kyonshi
Vagabond
on: July 17, 2011, 02:28

Awesome, thanks for the elaborated reply sir! That is what i expected; it was about how much you give regarding whats left in your pockets.

Now im just curious. How do you now there's a 10 pts increase when the only way to survey your Luck rating is to ask the fortune teller, which in case doesnt give any numeral references whatsoever? Thanks again!

chaoyun2k
on: July 17, 2011, 02:47

There isn't a way to do that in-game. The thing is that all of the characters start with a luck stat between 40 and 100. You can try donating 51% three times and checking with a fortune teller to see if you get the "What a strong fortune..." and then donating 51% twice and checking again. We are talking a small amount of money if you are depositing all your money except for the amount to be considered for donation. Use a calculator to make sure you are donating at least 51% of your cash on hand.

If you go to the RES with 103 gold and donate 101 gold you will get 10 points added to your luck. So we are talking just over 500 gold.

You only get the "strong fortune" comment if your luck is at 100. That is the only numerical reference you really need.

chaoyun2k
on: July 17, 2011, 03:23

Related to luck, the one thing to watch out for is the "ghost ships" which appear in at least two locations. The ghost ship will lower your main character's luck by 30 points if you see it, but it doesn't affect any of the mates. The two locations that I know of are 14N 72W which is just east of Santo Domingo between two islands and one at 69N 10E which is north of Bergen two spaces above one of the fjords. Actually the one north of Bergen is the second spot above land.

There are 120 sailors in the game and a few of them have 100 luck naturally. Pilly Reis is one and the other two are in Joao's game, Enrico and Domingo. The only way to change the luck of those other mates is to "cheat" their luck to whatever you want...presumably 100.

If you are using an emulator or a cheat device you can set your characters luck to 100 if you know the location. Or you can check the location to see what their luck stat is...maybe not with a cheat device. Those locations are published in a number of places, I'm guessing any website that has cheat codes for the game.

sizintsev
Navigator
on: July 17, 2011, 04:40

I have some guesses rather "donations" gold, what is it all not only influences good luck. You did not try to endow the large sums in 5, 10 or 20 millions gold?

chaoyun2k
on: July 17, 2011, 06:47

The percentage (51%)would still apply, but why wait until you have that much money?! You don't improve your luck once you reach a 100 luck stat, and you can always use study to improve your luck instead of giving up that much money.

sizintsev
Navigator
on: July 17, 2011, 08:06

I shall try to save a plenty gold and all "donate", and if that will change, by all means I shall inform.

chaoyun2k
on: July 17, 2011, 20:24

If you have 10 million in gold and donate 5,100,000 which is 51% you will still only get a 10 point increase in luck. I don't see the point in using that much gold...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates