Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Question.
Flavio
Vagabond
Post Question.
on: April 25, 2012, 16:44

Well, first of all, hello everybody.
I've been playing this game for some 10 years, in the Sega Genesis first, and now in ZSNES, and I've never been bored with it. :P.
But there is something that has always troubled me... And that is, the thing with Swords and Fencing Swords.
Both are weapons, but, are there differences in their use, because I don't understand a thing.
Also, I would like to ask you to explain me the duel sistem, because as of now I just win duels by saving and loading if I get damaged or get my attack blocked, and I don't know of a way to win using my mind instead of my luck.
Thank you all. :).

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
Post Re: Question.
on: April 25, 2012, 20:28

Here's what I know about the duel mode. Each weapon
has a rating of D,C,B,A and *.
The * being the best weapon.
Some of them are good for Lashing, Striking, and Thrusting.
The different defense movements are Parry (good vs Thrust), Dodge (good against Strike), and Block (good against Lash).
The best attacks are Strike vs Parry, Lash vs Dodge, and Thrust vs Block.
The enemy's moves are random but I noticed that 80% of the time, an enemy using a Scimitar will use the Lash attack. Often when I fight a pirate, he will use the Thrust attack. The Ottoman will use Lash a lot. I'm not sure about the other.
Many players here are expert at this game so I'm sure someone has figured out a good dueling strategy.
BTW, my favorite weapon is the Blue Crescent bought in the shop (2 am) in Zeiton.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: April 27, 2012, 09:03

Concerning swords there are some features. Spending numerous researches, has found out, that in the beginning of game not bad to have Claymore, he is good in attacks Strike and Thrust. To get, as is known, it is possible in Dublin and Bristol at 2:00 for night. Многиv it is pleasant also Flamberg.

When your character reaches) high levels of attack (from 20 and more), many swords become effective. Me like Japanese Sword, Cutlass, Crusader Sword and Magic Muramasa. In one of the latent treasures you can find also secret sword, which unfortunately cannot be used in fight.

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: April 27, 2012, 18:26

I never tried the Magic Muramasa.
Are there more class * weapons?
I know there is the Crusader Sword, the Blue Crescent and the Magic Muramasa.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: April 29, 2012, 02:39

Is also Siva's Magic Sword of a class *, at which the attack "L" is strong. There is he of 280 thousand gold, if I correctly remember. 😎

chaoyun2k
on: April 29, 2012, 20:40

Sorry, I've been busy with a project so I haven't been here every day like before. I found this information I posted regarding swords:

There are three swords that have the same attack power, the Rune Blade, the Magic Muramasa, and the Crusader's Sword. The Rune Blade is a straight sword and equally good at all three types of attacks. The Magic Muramasa is a curved sword and its best attack is lashing. The Crusader's Sword is a fencing sword and its best attack is thrusting. All three will work well for you.

There are two other * (star) rated swords, but their attack is 10 less than the other three. They are the Siva's Magic Sword and the Blue Crescent (the cheapest star sword). Siva's is another curved sword and its best attack is lashing. The Blue Crescent is a "heavy sword" and is best for striking. Again, they all work well.

You can find the Rune Blade in Pernambuco, the Crusader's Sword in Timbuktu, and the Magic Muramasa in Sakai. They cost either 360,000 or 380,000. The Blue Crescent costs 24,000 and can be found in Zeiton...or Changan. Siva's is found in Calicut and is under 300,000.

The information posted by Igor and siz covered much of what you need to know about duels and swords. If I recall correctly the attack power of the three top star rated swords is 40 and the other two is 30. It seems that most of the "A" rated swords have an attack of 20 or 25 and it gets lower from there.

I might add that block is not only good against lash, but in fact it completely blocks any damage from lash. Parry blocks any damage from thrust and dodge blocks any damage from strike. So you have a one-out-of-three chance of getting no damage.

You will cause the most damage if you use strike when your opponent uses parry, if you use lash when your opponent uses dodge, and if you use thrust when your opponent uses block. That doesn't matter which sword you are using, that is the way to get the most damage.

The Rune Blade is supposed to be equally good for all attacks (as are any straight sword). The curved blades cause the most damage when using lash, provided it isn't blocked and those are the Japanese swords, the Magic Muramasa, and Siva's Magic Sword. Heavy swords like the Blue Crescent or the Claymore cause the most damage when striking, provided it isn't blocked complete by a dodge defense. The Crusader's sword is a thrusting sword and that is its best attack provided it isn't blocked by the parry defense.

The reason I prefer the straight swords is because it seems that if you use a sword that is best at one attack the enemy will defend that attack most of the time. You can use that to your advantage sometimes, but not always. If you have one of the star rated swords it really won't matter if you can't use its best attack because it will still cause damage with any attack that isn't blocked by the right defense.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

chaoyun2k
on: April 29, 2012, 21:26

Incidentally, the Crusader's Armor has a defense of 70 for a cost of 600,000 and the Errol's Plate has a defense of 55 for a cost of 300,000. Plate Mail has a defense of 40 for a cost of 8,000. Those are the best three armors.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: April 30, 2012, 01:42

I guess I'll try the Rune Blade next time. I got used to the Blue Crescent and I usually have a lot of success with it.

chaoyun2k
on: May 1, 2012, 02:43

For the cost the Blue Crescent is an awesome sword. Its attack power is only 30, but if you can hit with a strike or other attack against the right defense it won't matter because it will still cause a lot of damage. It is a star rated weapon.

A couple of years ago I tried the same battle over and over using the different star rated swords. There is some randomness to the damage caused. The few times I could get the same attack against the same defense, I got as much as 20 points of damage difference with the same sword. That was when using the SNES version, I haven't really tested it on the pc version.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: May 2, 2012, 00:27

That I have found in the comments to game UWNH Gaiden for Sony Playstation:

New items:
Gram - star-level sword, retails for 60 ingots
Schweitzer - star-level sword, retails for 1.8 ingots
Loki’s Armor - star-level armor, retails for 60 ingots
Falchion - opponent ’ sword
Misaguria - opponent’s armor
Damascus blade - opponent’s sword
Gaudy armor - D-level golden armor, retails for 5 ingots
Gaudy sword - D-level golden sword, retails for 5 ingots
Cursed jewel box - hidden treasure, cannot sell
Teardrop - hidden treasure, cannot sell

I want to address shortly to Greg Tompson what to place here files for copying and games in this version. In her you will find many innovations and differences. 😛

Pages: [1] 2

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates