Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: (Pietro Conti) Cannot find medallion
captain
Vagabond
Post (Pietro Conti) Cannot find medallion
on: November 8, 2011, 00:21

Hi all. Based on what I've read, I know the medallion is supposed to come in a random location in each different game. However, I have tried every possible thing that I know of to find this medallion, to no avail. I have gone to ridiculous lengths to find it without success, but I don't think it was this hard to find it when I played this game before years ago.

Here is what I've done so far:
1. I got the map to the medallion.
2. I got Mercator to "locate" the place. In this case, he said "10 N 110 W." (I have even gone back and asked him to locate it again. sometimes he says 10 N 105 W or some similar location.)
3. When I go to this location, there is no land there. It is out in the ocean.
4. The medallion map itself, shows a coast that curves from the top left of the screen down to the bottom right, so it is supposed to be on a large land mass, not out in the ocean, according to the medallion map.
5. The coordinates I was given are basically out west of the real-life Costa Rica area (near the Guatemala port area in the game). I have scoured the entire west side of the South American and North American coastlines, from Tierra Del Fuego to Alaska, with 10 lookouts, and I have found a bunch of villages and other stuff, but no medallion.
6. I even went to all the coastal areas that do not have villages, and did "go ashore" and "search" every place I could at 10 N on that coastline, and did not find anything. (Each time I did that it just said whether there was water or not.)

I have searched the west side of the N/S American continents in this fashion about 3 or 4 times now.

Why is the medallion not appearing?? What do I have to do to get it??

I am wondering if it is some kind of glitch in the game, if I should just play a different character.

Thanks.

sizintsev
1st Mate
Post Re: (Pietro Conti) Cannot find medallion
on: November 8, 2011, 01:38

It would be interesting to look at this map. You know as to place on this site of the image?

captain
Vagabond
on: November 8, 2011, 03:42

I saved a screen shot of the map, but I couldn't find any way to attach it to the forum post.

captain
Vagabond
on: November 8, 2011, 03:47

OK I put it in photobucket.

A screen shot of the medallion map is at this link:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/evensong7/medallionmap.jpg

chaoyun2k
on: November 8, 2011, 05:03

When I looked at it my first thought was the coast of Africa, but I don't think Mercator would be that far off and it could certainly be near Guatemala.

When I look a little closer it looks like you can go ashore in one spot to get to the area marked with an X.

One thing you can do when you have a map is to treat in the pub. People should tell you a rough direction from where you are to where the medallion is located. This works best if you don't have goods that you can sell because when you have goods the people want to tell you where to sell them.

I would go to Guatemala or Panama and treat in the pub to see what kind of response I get.

I sailed to 13N 105W and I think that is the location. Like I said above I think you will only be able to go ashore next to that "mountain" from one spot. If you go ashore from any other spot you may not be able to find the medallion because it is the "tile" on the left of that mountain.

I hope that helps. And by the way, lookouts won't spot anything that requires a map. You can only find those "treasures" by going ashore.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: November 8, 2011, 06:26

Appreciablly, that you play DOS the version of game. Looking on this map, it is difficult for certain to say something certain. Were based on the experience of game, I can assume, what is it ice. And, it can be the ice of a southern part of a map, instead of northern. My assumption is based on the following. Receiving similar maps, and it can be " hidden treasures " or others on a plot of treasure, I am guided on trees. Yes, as though it funny not seemed, but in different strips of breadth and longitude the various vegetation grows. Than to the south or to the north, the less trees and more mountains. Departuring below any vegetation vanishes. In this case there absolutely nothing grows. Therefore, I think, that the treasure is buried on South Pole.

captain
Vagabond
on: November 8, 2011, 14:54

Quote from chaoyun2k on November 8, 2011, 05:03
When I looked at it my first thought was the coast of Africa, but I don't think Mercator would be that far off and it could certainly be near Guatemala.

When I look a little closer it looks like you can go ashore in one spot to get to the area marked with an X.

One thing you can do when you have a map is to treat in the pub. People should tell you a rough direction from where you are to where the medallion is located. This works best if you don't have goods that you can sell because when you have goods the people want to tell you where to sell them.

I would go to Guatemala or Panama and treat in the pub to see what kind of response I get.

I sailed to 13N 105W and I think that is the location. Like I said above I think you will only be able to go ashore next to that "mountain" from one spot. If you go ashore from any other spot you may not be able to find the medallion because it is the "tile" on the left of that mountain.

I hope that helps. And by the way, lookouts won't spot anything that requires a map. You can only find those "treasures" by going ashore.

OK, I didn't know that you could only find those treasures by going ashore. I will have to try your suggestions and see if it works.

chaoyun2k
on: November 8, 2011, 15:24

I should point out that treating in the pub was very unreliable for me when playing the PC version, it works much better in the SNES version (though not perfectly).

I'm pretty certain that if you sail to 13N 105W or 106W and go ashore you will be able to find the medallion. The maps in the PC version were pretty bad as you can tell by the image. By the way, those coordinates were found using the Theodolite. I think the coordinates given in the game are meant to be really rough and you might get the coordinates that Merc gave you if you used a Quadrant instead of the Theodolite.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

captain
Vagabond
on: November 8, 2011, 17:58

OK! I found it. It was near where you said. The mountains were key. Once I looked at those flat areas on the coastline and matched that with the mountain configurations, then I was able to get it. Thanks a lot!

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: October 31, 2014, 20:14

I decided to play a quest for Pietro Conti (the Daikokai Jidai 2 version on psx). The card which to me was sold for 2000 gold, isn't clear a little. Because of frequent breaks in game, many details are forgotten, here and now I don't remember where it can be...

Pages: [1] 2

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates