Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: maxxing out all stats, best way?
moenbase
Vagabond
Post maxxing out all stats, best way?
on: April 24, 2018, 04:52

Hi all,

I wonder if it would be possible to max out navigation level and battle to 100 before the game's natural end. And if after that, there would be still enough time to fool around; conquer the world, trading, complete main story and all.

For me it always seems that there's too little time, still.
Let alone to also max out all of your mates.

Anyone ever tried to do so? What would be the most efficient way I wonder.

chaoyun2k
Post Re: maxxing out all stats, best way?
on: May 9, 2018, 05:53

The experience is the number of days sailed squared, so the most efficient way is to sail for as long as possible and save before entering a port.

If I recall correctly at about level 14 or 15 the sailing experience needed becomes a set amount around 9800. If the sailor is the captain of a ship the experience is doubled, so sailing for 71 days would get you a new level.

Most stats increase from 0-4 per level up, but I think it is safe to say you aren't likely to get 4 for every stat.

It is theoretically possible to max navigation and still have time to sail around before the game ends, but I think it would be nearly impossible to max navigation AND battle before the game ends.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

chaoyun2k
Post Re: maxxing out all stats, best way?
on: May 9, 2018, 06:07

You can also gain navigational stats when battling. If you just want to get stats like leadership and seamanship to 100 then yes you can definitely do that. I often have all my mates at 100 leadership and seamanship and some of them at 100 knowledge and intuition.

For main characters it is easier to get some stats to 100, but for example, Otto is very difficult to get to 100 intuition. You would need to really save scum to raise that stat.

One of the things I like about Ali is that he is the only character that can have all 5 skills, and he can easily have 100 in leadership, seamanship, knowledge, and intuition. His battle stats, swordsmanship and courage are a lot more difficult to raise.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Pages: [1]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates