Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lets compose a fun-list of things inside the game
chaoyun2k
Post Re: Lets compose a fun-list of things inside the game
on: July 7, 2016, 19:56

Yes, I agree with the Hostility Factor and the at least 21 for being caught entering a building. The 30 that I was referring to was for being caught by the palace guard and was what I think is the minimum for that.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Jaydub
Vagabond
on: July 8, 2016, 07:10

The bug I'm talking about with this piece of game play is that if you "owe" money to the bank (even several hundred thousand GP) --- when you get caught by the King and he "takes" 4/5 of your holdings, he also takes 4/5 of your "debt". This is a way to actually cheat the game and get hundreds of thousands of gold from bank debt and reduce the country hostility toward you at the same time. This just doesn't seem like a valid scenario. The program does not recognize the positive or negative aspect of bank money.

Mandril
Vagabond
on: August 3, 2016, 08:51

I want to add an image of an item i found yesterday, playing as Otto Baines... first time i found it.. was a Indo-Pacific Crowie.. Discovery category "A"

Also, never see someone mentioning founding the Mammoth in the East of Groenland

Mark-
Erickson
Mate
on: August 17, 2016, 22:05

Mandril, I'm not too sure that appropriately goes with the other things people are putting in this category. But, I've long known some of the possible village discoveries are pretty exotic and remote. In that group of islands with the Indo-Pacific Cowrie, found by going straight east from Mindanao, the Phillipines supply port, I wonder if you knew there's also possibly the Fruit Bat, a bit west of the cultural artifact. Or that another possibility is the Moaoi, (the famous Easter Island statues) best found by sailing a straight line west from that supply port on South America's west coast named Valparaiso(you'd better have a better fleet than one lousy caravel to get there and still be able to spare food for the villagers). Anyway, if you have difficulty checking Gamefaqs.com, here's your list of possible villages. Remember, which ones you can find this time is always randomly re-rolled when you start a new shot at the game. http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588823-new-horizons/faqs/68879

Mark-
Erickson
Mate
on: August 18, 2016, 19:08

Another funny thing about the game, though many of you may not have noticed something so subtle, is that when other people's merchant fleets invest in ports, they do so by different rules than you do. EXAMPLE: If you can trade up enough cash for some notable investing for Pietro Conti before the middle of July, 1522(when Turkish merchants usually are already coming to absorb at least one Italian port) and have him catch 2 Turkish fleets going into Syracuse this time, to do it best may mean you have to put Pietro right into Syracuse and keep having him wait out one day after another at the lodge to babysit the port, because there is no way to know exactly which day the foreign fleet will invest. On the day you notice from button A some has been invested, not by you, you go in the lodge and it says support is 60% Italy and 40% Turkey, but it still says, "This port is allied with Italy." That's because your investing always immediately affects alliances if it's enough amount, but other people's may take till next day to finalize their effect. Syracuse starts with 220 Industry and 240 Economy, so you can bet that 1st investment will be in the Shipyard. 220 in the Shipyard equals 1% value for country support purposes. That means if you have Pietro invest the full 8800 G.P. necessary at once, it'll shoot right back up to 100% Italy and nothing apart from that will change, including Pietro's fame. But, if you first invest just 2200 G.P. putting Italy support to 70% it will at least briefly be a neutral port, and then follow up with the other 6600 G.P., it will be re-allied with Italy and Pietro will have some Fame In Trade, so that's probably the more desirable way. All other people's merchant fleets invest just once per port visit, and how much is checked by the profit(as told by the Guild on Country Info) of their country. It appears to always be 1/3 of 1/10 of the country's profit. Turkey starts out with a profit of 1400-something, so their investments start as 40% of port value reliably.(that means Ali Vezas can follow a Turkish merchant fleet to an Italian port and likewise baby-sit, waiting for it to be a neutral port from the other guy's investment, then he need only invest enough to add his own 40%, and gets some quick early Fame In Trade). If Italy is allowed to lose all allied ports and be reduced to having only its capital city, its profit will be a measley 187, and its merchant fleets will only do 6% of port value each port visit. That means when they come to that point, if you start as any other character than Pietro, and don't defect to and help Italy, you can bet Italy will never gain another allied port successfully. If you visit Calicut and Pasei while they are still unclaimed neutral ports, Calicut will have Economy and Industry in the 500's, while Pasei will be a pathetic port with only 35 Economy and 40 Industry. Obviously it will be much easier for YOU to invest 100% support in Pasei than in Calicut, but, ridiculous as it may look, and Italian fleet when Italy's reached that point will invest the same 6% per visit in either one of those ports just the same.

Mandril
Vagabond
on: August 19, 2016, 09:11

Mark,

About Moai and discovers... the only village that didnt discover.. ever in all my games.. was the village of Indo-Pacific Cowrie

I like a lot Geographic.. first thing i make is try to discover all the island and stuff like that

Moai is kind of a basic discover.. 🙂

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: August 21, 2016, 10:09

There began to delve into such details on the part of the game. The plot for Pietro stop in Syracuse. I remember when I played last time about two months ago for Otto, I imagined that I would get a pirate attacked their fleet until then, until he received the status of "Pirate". Then sailed to Guatemala, invested the port to 1000 in trading and shipbuilding. Then built a fleet of Galleons, Naos and Carrak, and began to bring bread to Europe from this port, as it is in progression there is cheap in the shop of a merchant. Along the way there were different fleets, which I seized, if allowed the possibility of the ships. Large financial benefits to no avail, but came across many villages of different denominations and earned a bit of a fan of exotics in Lisbon.

Mark-
Erickson
Mate
on: September 1, 2016, 18:07

Now I have something to add to what Pavel S. told us about merchant sailors. If you have an impressively strong war fleet, with lots of crew on all ships, even though that means you have to pit stop often, and do the "Attack" command on a merchant fleet that isn't a 10-ship fleet replacing one you've already sunk, there's a chance you'll intimidate the commodore into saying, "Okay, okay, we'll give you whatever you want, just don't hurt us." And, yes, he'll always turn out to be faking you and flee. So, more often than not, the surrender which gains you no spoils is not worth accepting. But every time you do, you still get the same Fame In Piracy, and hostility with the country in question, that you would have if you'd sunk that fleet altogether. So circumstances might make it worth answering "yes" to the surrender. One time, after I had Catalina finish her Turkish fleet in the Middle East, I caught Spanish merchant Ricardo on his way around Africa, and did that several successive times with the same Spanish fleet(you know you can't sink the same fleet several successive times right there and immediately, don't you?)That way, I got quick Fame In Piracy, shot her up past the 30,000 mark, and got her story finished extra fast.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: September 16, 2016, 08:01

What a news. I had no idea that you can quickly gain experience with piracy.
You remember the story of Catalina, and just recently I tried the case again when it is possible to attack Joan fleet. He appears on the frigates at the end of the quest. The longer the time play, the more it will ship. As a result, it has up to 10 frigates. By the way this event has prompted me to look for new vehicles and invest many ports. But it was a long time ago.
The greater surprise was from when I discovered Joan as a navigator in one of the ports. Now I know that after the attack he is in European ports (there have been cases when in Nantes and Lubeck). Hire it is possible, but not always, in one case, I did it, the other did not. Also for Joan at the end of the story, you can attack the Catalina fleet and also try to employ it as a navigator. One day I found her in Barcelona. It's funny to have helpers in one of the main characters.

chaoyun2k
on: September 28, 2016, 09:10

That is something to try once you've seen the regular ending, at least a lot of people seem to do that, recruit one or the other depending on the character they are playing.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Pages: 1 [2]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates