Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Its hard to win a duel
Arci
Vagabond
Post Its hard to win a duel
on: June 17, 2013, 11:15

Hello.

I've attacked many fleet. I could only win by rush its crew or sink it using canon. I know, it'll be easy if my fleet are strong enough. But, if enemy commodore asks my commodore to duel, i always lose even i've buy rate-A-weapon. Can you help me to win a duel?

Sorry for my bad english.

chaoyun2k
Post Re: Its hard to win a duel
on: June 17, 2013, 12:38

It can be difficult to win a duel in the early part of the game. The first thing is to be sure you are equipped as well as possible. You want * (star) rated equipment if you are able to get those before you engage in a duel. However, there are times when that is not possible. For example, Catalina will likely need to win a couple of duels before she has ANY opportunity to obtain the best equipment.

If you are playing the PC version, it is pretty straight forward, you select one of three possible attacks or defenses. Much of the time you want to use the best attack for your weapon type. Straight weapons are basically decent at all attacks, Curved weapons are best at lashing attacks (slashing), Heavy weapons are best at striking attacks, and fencing swords are best for thrusting attacks. So you want to first know your weapon, but you also need to know this so you know what your opponent's best attacks are and you can choose defense that is best against those attacks (because they want to use their best attacks as often as possible). So that is likely to be your best defense, but they can use a different attack and still cause damage.

Defensively, if you or your opponent use parry then a thrust attack will not do any damage, but a strike will do a little extra. A block defense will stop all damage from a lashing attack, but a thrusting attack will do a little extra. A dodge defense will stop all damage from a striking attack, but a lashing attack will do a little extra damage.

If you are playing the SNES, you have a few more choices, but they are the same attack and defense types. So choose the largest number for the one you want to use.

Be very careful before attacking (battling) an opponent that is more than a few levels above your battle levels. Sometimes this is unavoidable and you will just have to do the best you can with rushes...if you get the chance.

There are three characters that don't HAVE to ever get into a battle: Ernst, Pietro, and Ali. If you play those, get some fast ships and some good mates if you want a fleet.

I'm starting to ramble, does any of that help? Maybe you have a more specific question?

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: June 18, 2013, 00:38

To you as not bad to have a good level of attack of the character, up to the introduction into duel he can be raised by attack of guns, that further to sink the ships of the contender or to attack in near many seamen by the ship fight having. It is possible to use, for example, Galleon, Fregate or Venetian Galeass.

Arci
Vagabond
on: June 19, 2013, 04:02

@chaoyun2k & @sizintsev thanks for your hints.

I'm playing with Ali now. I found that it's hard to win a duel, especially when Khayr-ad-din and Idin Leis attack me.

I've buy Tekkousens and rate-*-weapon, but i dont wanna rush my fleet to kill their crew. I know i'll win, but it'll need money, more crew and more time to fix my fleet back. So, win a duel is my only decision. xD

chaoyun2k
on: June 19, 2013, 19:39

The main thing with Ali would be to build your battle skills, which means getting into a lot of battles preferably with lower level opponents. If you don't have a lot of battle experience from other games then I would suggest that you save before getting into battle and make sure you get good battle stat increases before saving again.

Even the best equipment won't help you much against those two unless your battle levels are near theirs and your stats are pretty good. Practice on other fleets, or make sure you avoid their fleets.

If you have a good fast fleet with good mates and you must sail over the same tile that one of their fleets is in, do that at night to avoid battles with them...at least until you are ready with a good strong fleet and battle levels.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Pages: [1]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates