Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Having issues in Seville
TraderJoe
Vagabond
Post Having issues in Seville
on: July 11, 2011, 20:02

First time reader, first time poster here, but I need some help.
I'm playing as Otto on the SNES version (via the Wii). The walkthroughs say to go to Seville for a "first mission" and find Matthew in the cafe, steal a galleon, etc. Problem is, Matthew isn't there. When I walked into the cafe, no cutscene activated, and no matter what I've done since I can't seem to get Matthew -- or anyone else, for that matter -- to show up and progress in the story mode.

So, am I doing something wrong? Is there something you have to do to activate that? Or is the game just FUBARd by a glitch and I need to restart.
I really, REALLY don't want to restart at this point. After a while of not finding Matthew I just sort of went about playing the open-ended side of the game. After a year of game time I have a three-ship fleet, am getting a grasp on some of the mechanics of the game and some money stashed away. I'd hate to give all that up if I don't have to.

sizintsev
Navigator
Post Re: Having issues in Seville
on: July 11, 2011, 23:22

As far as I remember a plot Otto begins with visit to the king of England. In the lock he receives 300 gold and further parting words on attack of the Spaniards. In "shipbuilding" otto receives the simple ship, and in гаване meets with Matthew. That causes on duel in cafe. Irrespective of result the game proceeds, and character are sent in Seville. In this port in cafe also there is a meeting.

It is possible to try to start game at first. You see at Otto not a difficult plot, and for the first time I hear, that there be any problems.

chaoyun2k
on: July 12, 2011, 03:28

You do not need to restart, you only missed an event...basically. Did you stop at more than one port on the way to Seville? You have Matthew as one of your mates, right? If you stopped at more than one port before getting to Seville you miss the event in Seville and any related events.

You can certainly get back on track by building your piracy fame, so you won't need to restart the game. You build piracy fame by defeating other fleets in duels or in battles.

If you play Otto's game again you should certainly try it by going to Seville and getting the events there, but his story advances based on piracy fame.

By the way, supply ports don't count, but you wouldn't have a reason to go to one of those. The only thing you can do in a supply port is restock food and water.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

TraderJoe
Vagabond
on: July 12, 2011, 19:00

Thanks. I think I did stop in at least one port, maybe two -- Bordeaux and Lisbon -- to restock and explore. I wasn't sure where exactly Seville was or what I was really doing at that point in the game. Seems kind of silly that something like that could throw off the storyline.

In any event, the story seems secondary in this game anyway. My fleet is up to four ships, including a galleon, and I'm finally at the point where I can successfully make pirate attacks on smaller fleets. Maybe one of these days the story will kick in again. If not, I'm having fun just trading stuff and attacking people.

chaoyun2k
on: July 13, 2011, 06:30

I guess they had to have certain requirements. I know I thought I was going to be smart and get a few mates recruited before going to Seville on my second game as Otto. Since that required multiple stops it didn't quite work the way I had hoped. 😉

Most of the events will happen as your fame, piracy in this case, increases. Some events have to be triggered by visiting certain buildings and in some cases they can only be triggered at certain times. This is similar to finding special items at the item shop if you visit there at 2:00 or 2:30 AM. Those events (not the item shop) always require a certain level of fame.

An example, when playing Catalina you can play the game until Jan 1554 if you stay away from the Central and South American ports. Defecting can also stop the story events, but the key trigger is always certain types of fame. Piracy fame advances the story for Otto and Catalina, trade fame advances the story for Ali, and adventure fame advances the story for Joao, Ernst, and Pietro.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

sizintsev
Navigator
on: July 13, 2011, 17:17

It is necessary to try to play Otto and to receive citizenship of Spain in the beginning of game. It is interesting, that English king on it will say. 😎

chaoyun2k
on: July 13, 2011, 20:38

Defecting can create some unusual responses in a number of games.

sizintsev
Navigator
on: July 14, 2011, 02:30

Once I played for Catalina and had enmity 100 with all countries, that is was loyal to a piracy. Suddenly wanted to receive citizenship of one of the countries (any would approach), however, me anywhere did not start up to the king (tried to come set of time). And even in Sevelle on a native land have rejected. But in Turkey nevertheless, coming to the king there are not less than 20 times, me all the same have offered "defect".

chaoyun2k
on: July 14, 2011, 02:43

With enmity that high they may try to capture you before you can see the ruler, but with Catalina you should be able to defect to any country...even Spain (with a twist).

sizintsev
Navigator
on: July 14, 2011, 11:13

The unusual idea has arisen at me - in the beginning of game for Otto, when he comes with Matthew in Seville and meets him in cafe. After cafe I did not begin at once to come into harbour, and has set off to the king of Spain. The king offered "defect", and is surprising if to take into account, that between Spain and England war. Having taken defect, I have received 30 enmities against England. Nevertheless, on a plot was pulled down galleon. I have recovered in London and has gone there to the king. The king of England has let me without problems, and also in turn offered defect. I did not begin to take citizenship of England and has left port. Bernal Loyla attacked me as usually it happens on a plot. After a victory me have announced by the pirate, and the citizenship of Spain was lost... 😕

Pages: [1] 2

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates