Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Having issues in Seville
chaoyun2k
Post Re: Having issues in Seville
on: July 15, 2011, 01:12

First, I want to encourage everyone to play the games without defecting a couple of times. With Catalina it is helpful to defect to a country other than Spain, and if played somewhat historically, other than Portugal as well.

The reason you ran into that situation with Bernal Loyla and loosing your citizenship is two fold, and technically not much of a problem. First, the event in Seville with getting the ship is not entirely complete until you encounter them in a battle. You basically jumped ship :p in the middle of the event. The second part is that if you checked the enmity with Spain after taking the ship it would have been very high, I'm thinking it is a red 100 at that point but that could be off.

The fastest and easiest way to get rid of a red number that high is to get caught when entering the castle while you have very little gold. They will take 4/5 of your money and the enmity will be reduced to zero. Defecting should reduce the enmity some, but not enough to keep them from coming after you. If you wait until after the battle to defect, and get caught entering the castle first, then you may even have positive enmity number. I'm not certain about the positive enmity number, but it will at least be zero after defecting if you are caught entering the castle before defecting.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

TraderJoe
Vagabond
on: July 17, 2011, 22:33

Thanks for the help, all. Finally triggered the story events after going all "Pirates of the Caribbean" for a bit. Took down some fleets in the New World and the events that were supposed to happen in Seville actually got triggered in Cartagena.
Later on I returned to England, wiped out a Spanish battle fleet and got promoted to squire. Not a bad day's work.
Italy, Turkey and Spain are all pretty ticked at me after my rampage, but that's life.

TraderJoe
Vagabond
on: July 17, 2011, 22:38

Without starting a separate thread, I also have another question. Among the items I pilfered was something called a diamond crown. In reading some of the various FAQs, there's something called a queen's crown that seems to be pretty important to Joao. So, is this the same item? And is it something I need to hold on to, or can I sell it? I tried at one of the shops, just to see how much it would fetch, and the shopkeeper offered 50,000. That's a nice chunk of change.

chaoyun2k
on: July 18, 2011, 02:18

There is one, in the snes it is the royal crown, that is given to Joao at a certain point in the game. He gets this after completing the events that are started when his adventure fame reaches 16,000. The sell value of the royal crown is 150,000.

By the way, at the item shop you should always refuse their first offer when you sell an item. You can't negotiate a better price when buying, but you can negotiate a better price when you sell an item. It may take several attempts, but they will eventually offer you a premium price for your item.

The 50,000 crown is the best item you can get from a battle, but you can safely sell any item you get that way. The only other use for that type of item is to give them to waitresses. Waitresses can be very helpful, but for the most part I don't use them and I probably wouldn't give them an item like the crown.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

sizintsev
Navigator
on: July 18, 2011, 02:52

Diamond Crown, strangely enough, is not sold in one of ports of the world. It can be extracted only attacking other fleet of the countries.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: October 2, 2015, 21:23

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IcalOMPxN08

The well-known story character Otto is known, begins in London after a visit to the King. Succeeded by Sir Gilbert hands you 300 gold and a sailing boat, the better it is, the more you will not meet with him. Since the quest, you can choose several ways for the development of Otto, to hire characters, engage in trade or exotic. Before departure you will be greeted by Matthew and propose a duel. Before this is possible to take out a bank loan and buy a Cutlass. Then you go to Seville to kidnap a Spanish galleon.

Mark-
Erickson
Mate
on: October 29, 2015, 21:43

All true what Pavel said here. I've found for Otto Baynes you're allowed one and only one extra port visit before Seville, and any more means the event with the galleon won't start up. But if you managed three or more good warships without that event, it's certainly not worth re-starting just to get one galleon. Actually, when I first tried playing Otto, I decided that the worst part is puttering back and forth to & from London to see King Henry for promotions in that clumsy galleon, and that the most important challenge for Otto is to see how quickly you can replace any and all galleons(only any good as long as you stay in the Mediterranean, the least wind and current bog them down badly) with LaReales and/or Venetians.

chaoyun2k
on: November 1, 2015, 09:15

I agree about replacing the galleons, but free is good. xD

It really depends on whether or not you want to follow the entire story, or hurry to the end. I often find myself prolonging games instead of rushing through them.

Pages: 1 [2]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates