Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Favorite Trade Route
Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
Post Favorite Trade Route
on: April 9, 2012, 16:12

Warning, extremely long comment.
The list starts when my character has some sailing experience and has invested in some ports. B=buy S=sell.
Part 1:
Once I acquired Coffee-> Tunis S coffee, B Iron Ore -> Alexandria S Iron Ore, B Cotton Cloth -> Beirut S Cotton Cloth, B Carpet -> Nicosia S Carpet, B Copper Ore -> Athens S
Copper Ore, B Art -> Trebizond S Art, B Cotton CLoth -> Kaffa S Cotton Cloth,
B Iron Ore -> Salonika S Iron Ore, B Wood -> Ragussa S Wood, B Dye -> Venice S Dye, B Glassware -> Naples S Glassware, B Wool Cloth ->
Pisa S Wool Cloth, B Silk Cloth ->
Marseilles S Silk Cloth, B Perfume ->
Barcelona S Perfume, B Rock Salt ->
Valencia S Rock Salt, B Wool Cloth ->
Palma S Wool Cloth, B Glass Beads ->
Madeira S Glass Beads, B Gold ->
Bordeaux S Gold, B Raisins -> Bristol S Raisins, B Tin Ore ->
London S Tin Ore, B Wool -> Antwerp S Wool, B Wool Cloth -> Hamburg S Wool Cloth, B Dye -> Oslo S Dye, B Wood -> Lubeck S
Wood, B Silver -> Stockholm S Silver, B Copper Ore -> Copenhagen S Copper Ore, B Glassware ->

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
Post Re: Favorite Trade Route
on: April 9, 2012, 16:25

Part 2:
Sakai S Glassware, B Silk Cloth -> Nagasaki S Silk Cloth, B Silver -> Changan S Silver, B Silk Cloth -> Zeiton S Silk Cloth, B Silk -> Macao S Silk, B Porcelain ->
Ceylon,Cochin,Calicut,Goa S Porcelain, B Tea -> Hormuz S Tea, B Ginger -> Qatar S Ginger, B Tortoise Shell -> Basra S Tortoise Shell, B Cheese -> Aden S Cheese, B Amber -> Cairo S Amber, B Art -> Mecca S Art, B Musk -> Massawa S Musk, B Perfume or Cotton -> Mogadishu, Malindi,Mombasa,Mozambique S Perfume or Cotton, B Gold -> Pasei,Mallaca,Bankao,Banda S Gold, B Pepper or Cinnamon -> Hanoi S Pepper or Cinnamon, B Porcelain -> Diu S Porcelain, B Tea ->
Muscat S Tea, B coffee -> back to Mediterranean Sea.
Summary: I visit 47 ports twice a year and make 10 millions per year.

chaoyun2k
on: April 10, 2012, 15:30

I enjoy the trading aspect of the game, but for the most part trade two, sometimes three, times in the game. I start by trading Athens to Istanbul until I have enough to get me thru some early investing and such. Then I trade between Japan and East Africa and that usually gives me all the money I ever need. If I need more or just want a change of pace, I'll run the Lubeck to Madeira gold/silver route for six months.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: April 10, 2012, 21:17

I make 10 millions per year with this trading route using 8 ships but only one ship to carry the goods. Imagine how much I would make if I'd use 4 or 5 ships. 😀
The way I set my fleet give me the option to trade fight and explore at the same time. You probably noticed that I don't trade with the New World. For some reasons I don't like those ports.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: April 24, 2012, 11:01

Sometimes I like to transport in plenties coffee from Aden in Turkey.

10 millions gold is an impressive sum, on which it is possible to get and to feed battle fleet from ten any ships, even though ten linear ships. And to provide long time. Once I was set by the purpose to save of 100 millions gold and to offer all this on a science in hope to see changes in game (about it already mentioned on a site). It is very long process. When floated with this sum, behind me the pirates constantly hunted, when the ships were reconstructed under trade.

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: April 24, 2012, 14:04

Yes, pirates will hunt you down because they know you are rich. 😀

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: April 27, 2012, 09:17

I have found out also way to transport silver from Nagasaki in Sakai, but after several trips these goods were gone from a counter Nagasaki!

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: April 27, 2012, 18:10

If I could make a game I would implement this. For example, when a store is out of certain goods, the shop keeper will ask you to get some for him. When you bring some, he starts selling them again until the store is out again.

cervantes
Vagabond
on: July 10, 2012, 17:27

Quote from Igor Kipnis on April 10, 2012, 21:17
I make 10 millions per year with this trading route using 8 ships but only one ship to carry the goods.

10 millions a year?? - Try this for 10 millions in 2 weeks!!:

Quick explanation:

Buy silver in Genoa, sell it in Santa Cruz, buy gold in Santa Cruz, sell it in Genoa. Less than 2 weeks' roundtrip.

The amounts below are with the tax-free permit only. They don't even include the discount from the negotiation skill / nobility rank.

How to do it:

In Genoa have the jewellery price at 140% when you buy silver (260) and at 150% when you sell gold (1500).

In Santa Cruz have the jewellery price at 60% to sell silver (108) and at 50% to buy gold (350)

The 1st time you buy/sell, the market rate for jewellery will be at 100% in both port so you need to:

Buy silver in 5 shots of 100 units in Genoa to raise the jewellery market rate from 100% to 150% and sell the silver in 5 shots of 100 units in Santa Cruz to decrease the market rate from 100% to 50% - This will allow you to buy gold at 50% of the price (350) in Santa Cruz and sell it at 150% of the price (1500) in Genoa.

Profit: Silver bought at 260, sold at 111= loss of 149 per unit.
Gold bought at 350, sold at 1500 = profit of 1150 per unit

Total profit: 1150-149 = 1000 gold per unit

-Once you have sold your 1st load of Gold at Genoa, the market rate will drop to 140%. Now, you only need to buy 100 units of Silver per ship to raise Genoa's rate to 150%. In Santa Cruz, the rate will be 60% and you only need to sell the 100 silver to reduce it to 50%. But you still buy the max amount of Gold you can.

With 1 Xebec (25 crew - 540 cargo - 35 food/water ~ 7 days), then you profit will be 540 units x 1000 gold = 540,000 gold for the 1st time.

Afterwards your profits will be: (540 Gold units x 1350 gold)-(100 Silver units x 149 gold[loss])= 729,000-14,900 = 714,100 gold with 1 ship in less than 2 weeks.

Continue to make profit to buy more and bigger ships and you could end up with:

10 venetian galleasses (600 crew - 8060 cargo space - 840 food/water ~ 7 days): (8060x1350)-(10 ships x 100 silver untits each x 149 gold[loss] --> 10,881,000 - 149,000 = 10,732,000 gold

10 Full-Rigged ships (450 crew - 10,920 cargo space, 630 food/water ~ 7 days): (10920x1350)-(1000x149) --> 14,742,000 - 149,000 = 14,593,000 gold

If you include the discount from negotiation and nobility rank, you can add from 5% to 50% to that profit

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: August 8, 2012, 19:34

Similar, what is it most effective trade way. But this it is necessary still to reach - to serve to rank "duke", besides it to have about ten good navigators with the advanced skill of navigation, to get the necessary ships. On all this the plenty of time and forces is necessary... I have constructed game Ali and now character has 2854 ingots, that is 285 million gold, this boring employment ... Now I constantly am pursued half of pirates, by the Italian and Portuguese military fleet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates