Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Favorite Trade Route
Mandril
Vagabond
Post Re: Favorite Trade Route
on: July 27, 2016, 15:55

"10 Full-Rigged ships (450 crew - 10,920 cargo space, 630 food/water ~ 7 days): (10920x1350)-(1000x149) --> 14,742,000 - 149,000 = 14,593,000 gold"

I made this with IVORY from Timbuctuk to Copenhagen... 10 Full Rigged Ship, Tax Permit.. just my flag ship with 400 mens... the others with 100 man only

so i fill it 7 ship with ivory.. the rest with water/food.. traveling days was like 3-4 days maximun

i made nearly 15-16 mill or 14-15 lingots of gold

by always for starting commerce, i make the Athens-Istanbul route.. shortest and probably more profitable route..

Mark-
Erickson
Mate
on: July 27, 2016, 21:34

Athens-Istanbul carpet/art route is generally considered the shortest and most profitable route and best to start on. But there are some other ones that are a bit under-rated. 1.) SUGAR FROM MADEIRA. This is at least clearly much better to pay attention to, at least, than what Joao is told early about rock salt and porcelain. The nearest West Africa port south of there, Santa Cruz, pays more for it than any European port, so it's good for getting your cash up early so when you hit Istanbul finally you can buy more carpet. The trouble is, if you want to do that more than once, you really should buy and sell in small amounts to keep market prices in balance. A Light Galley modeled for max cargo can hold 90 lots of sugar plus 10 days' food and water for its 10-man crew, but you should buy 30, then 30 again, then 30 again, instead of 90 all at once, then sell only 6 sugar in Santa Cruz, bang the button and sell 6 again, bang the button and 6 again till you're out of it, but never 90 at once. That's a bit tedious, but you can also after a time or two of that sell the next 90-lot load of sugar in Lisbon all in one shot, then buy rock salt 90 at once as a bit of a bargain, then take that north to Bordeaux and sell it and buy raisins, then sell raisins in Nantes and buy grain, then sell the grain in Madeira. Joao on this route can be close to his mother who may give him another 1,000 g.p. early each month, and invest while he's doing that in Bordeaux and Nantes so he can get LaReales early(invest 500 g.p., bang button investing 500 again, until you hit 6 and 9 thousand in the shipyards, instead of 6000 or 9000 at once, and it can be done without taking the ports away from England, although sometimes circumstances cause Portugal to be after England and other Portuguese merchants to take those ports from England, anyway). 2. RAGUSSA AND VENICE, DYE AND GLASSWARE. It takes a 15,000 g.p. investment in Ragussa's marketplace, but it makes okay profits with the right ship used(probably nothing less than a Nao), and it's closer to certain other ports than Istanbul or Athens if you're in a hurry to buy a certain item or order an extra new Venetian Galeass. Pietro might be able to use it to keep his cash up while defeating Turkish plans to absorb Italy. 3.)HAMBURG AND COOPENHAGEN, DYE AND GLASSWARE. Preferably done with a tax-free Holland permit, economically available in Antwerp at 2 A.M., it's the only 2-point trade route in Northern Europe that's any good. Well, like the other guy said, wood from Oslo and glassware from Coopenhagen may also work. I prefer to do Hamburg and Coopenhagen a while, then when I'm going to the Mediterranean, sell half my glassware in Hamburg to keep prices where they should be, then the other half in Oslo to make the price of one load of wood right, then sell the wood in Seville and buy their porcelain after, then end the trading for a while by selling the porcelain at some Mediterranean port. The advantage of trade that involves Hamburg, Coopenhagen, and Oslo is it's near to other Northern European ports, so it's the best routing if you want to come by Barges or Full-Riggeds, or get Lubeck yielding Silver or Coopenhagen yielding La Reales as soon as possible. 4.) MECCA AND CAIRO, MUSK AND ART. This is two goods in the "Luxury" category as are carpet and art, and it's not bad profits at all. It's probably best done with your ships being LaReales and/or Atakabunes, and with a Turkish tax-free permit(unless somebody's been investing them off their normal alliance. And then, you'd better buy it in October and hurry to the Mideast right after). The advantage is it's far out of Europe, and much closer to a number of ports than any European port. You might want to do this route starting early in a month and for most of that month(because of the matter of market prices) before going to Zipangu(Sakai and/or Nagasaki) if you seek the availability of Tekkousens.

Mandril
Vagabond
on: July 28, 2016, 09:03

interesting man.. never do it that way.. just the 1 port to 1 port way

i always try to get several mates soon, to start trading a lot more.

buying silk from far east is fun, but travel time and expenses make wonder if are good enough to do it

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates