Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: First << 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Favorite crew
Wu Di
Navigator
Post Re: Favorite crew
on: January 13, 2013, 17:02

Another more pointless bug I read and confirmed (PC version):

Go ashore anywhere in the map not necessarily near port/village.

Wait. View Journal. View discovery. Then go back to go ashore menu, suddenly 'plunder' appears as an option.

Plundering obviously reduces luck and charm even in this case when plundering uninhabited areas...so somewhat pointless unless anyone can think of a justification for (ab)using this.

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: January 30, 2013, 20:05

Right now I'm playing Otto and my first mate is Khayr-ad-Din, my bookkeeper is Pilly Reis and my chief navigator is Ulgu Ali. 😀

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: February 1, 2013, 02:02

Then to you would be not bad to employ on job Hamid Lal in his port Caracas, if I am not mistaken. After that it is possible to observe his fleet coming up from the same port in the same structure, as well as your fleet. In this case it is possible to see Hamid Lal by any ships, even on exotic such as frigat, barge and others.

Chaoyun2k, at you interesting idea concerning a spelling of a step-by-step manual. With it, undoubtedly, it would be possible to familiarize.

chaoyun2k
on: February 1, 2013, 09:01

Aww siz, I think the only one that I have left is the one for Joao and that is because I posted it here before. 😀

Wu Di, I posted some of your info in a topic on gamefaqs and FatRatKnight has found why you cannot hire Pilly Reis at lower levels. The short of it is that when your high stat * you levels (Nav and Battle) is greater than 32767 there is a "glitch". There is more to the formula, but basically the earliest you should be able to get Pilly is at level 79 when you are a Baronet. If your levels go above 81 for Baronet you meet the glitch and will have to wait until your levels are around 100.

Anyway, the formulas are:
Difficulty of recruitment:
( HighStat * (Nav. Level + Bat. Level) ) + Random( 0 .. 19 )

HighStat is Leadership, Seamanship, Knowledge, Intuition, Courage, Swordsmanship, or Charm, whichever one is the highest stat.

Your recruiting power:
[[ Leadership * (Nav. Level + Bat. Level) * (10 + Rank) / 10 ]]

Or, if you want to take a detrimental glitch into account:
BaseRecruit = Leadership * (Nav. Level + Bat. Level)
RankBonus= [[ (BaseRecruit * Rank) / 10 ]] - Glitched when 32767 is exceeded prior to division.
FinalRecruit = BaseRecruit + RankBonus

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

chaoyun2k
on: February 1, 2013, 09:29

FatRatKnight also found a formula to determine their starting wages:

Initial wages = 10 * ( [[ ( (Nav+Bat) * HighStat ) / 400 ]] + Random( 1 .. 3 ) )

That last part determines your range.

The starting wages are capped at 200, meaning that Pilly won't ask for more than 200.

Also, their loyalty change has a formula that will may mean a difference in some of the information that I've posted. That formula is:

Add your Leadership.
Add 1/5 of the current wages.
Subtract the navigator's high stat.
This is change in Loyalty.

YourLeadership + TheirWages/5 - TheirHighStat

His efforts have given some new information and covers things that I didn't consider...like why loyalties drop and specifically how much determined WHEN you hire someone, not just if you hire them as soon as you can.

Any information that I provide is based on the SNES version unless otherwise specified. I have thousands of hours into New Horizons and I have played it since it was released in the US on the SNES.

sizintsev
1st Mate
on: February 11, 2013, 08:09

And after 10 I years I continue to play new horizons. It as calm and sincere balance, not pitying forces and time, interest for the sake of, see at the images of ports of delivery. Ezo, in game, which more corresponds in my place of a presence, where I live - European kind of constructions.

Chinese, with the style and taste.

The peoples, as always, live in the wooden structures.

And most unusual - the port of delivery near Sakai - in this version is decorated with trees, as it is beautiful!

😛

Igor-
Kipnis
1st Mate
on: February 11, 2013, 12:26

I agree with you, it's a very relaxing game to play.
I tried playing Uncharted Waters 1 again but I don't like it anymore. It feels like a constant terror of wrecking the ship and losing control of it and navigating blindly. 😀

chaoyun2k
on: March 31, 2013, 06:24

The one thing I couldn't figure out about the first game was why the king kept sending me on the last mission so soon. I agree though that it wasn't as relaxing as UWNH, and you could easily get lost.

Pages: First << 6 7 8 [9]

Topics

Latest on the Forum

WP Like Button Plugin by Free WordPress Templates